Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Wee Hours of Jonker Street

27th February 2010 - My parents and I decided to drive up to Malacca over the weekend as it is the last day of Lunar New Year or better known as Chap Goh Meh (or 15th night) and it was also for me to get away from the home for awhile.

But before I get into that, we had to stop at a Shell petrol station some 1 hour away from our destination, to relieve ourselves as well as to buy some drinks. IT was only after my dad had finished filling up my diesel-run Ranger that he realised that he had pumped petrol instead of diesel. We had to totally drain the whole pick-up and refill with pure diesel. Luckily, we had 2 very helpful shell station people assisting us in the drainage and we were on our way again.


Jonker street is probably the busiest street in Malacca and it has definitely been so for many years for tourists local and foreign. Well, I did not exactly had that it mind but to photograph Jonker Street in the wee hours of the morning and to find what it is like then.


Hokkien Huay Kuan - possibly the only one at Jonker street.

Garbage cleaners making sure rubbish is totally cleared before the next day.

Famous chicken rice ball shop along Jonker street.

The Geographer - still pumping out live music and booze until god knows when.

No comments:

Post a Comment